Aster oblongifolius 'October Skies'
- Botanical Name: Aster oblongifolius 'October Skies'
- Family: Asteraceae
- Plant Type: Hardy Perennial
- Plant Usage: Accent
- Hardiness Zone: 5
- Foliage Color: Green
- Flower Color: Lavender Blue w/Yellow
- Bloom Time: Autumn
- Winter Interest: Dormant
- Height: 18"
- Spread: 18"
- Light Requirement: Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Origin: North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Africa
- Self Sowing: No
- Shade Tolerant: No
- Substitutes: ASALDS ASALA
Aster oblongifolius 'October Skies' provides a stunning display of flowers late in the season. Creates a wonderful effect when massed. Bright lavender blue flowers attract butterflies when in bloom. Like most herbaceous perennials, on a non-irrigated green roof it can be susceptible to severe drought. It will benefit from a deeper soil profile or green roof media that has been mounded. It will need regular water to become established in green roof media. A great North American Native to use as an accent on a green roof. Leaves produce a light fragrance when handled. This is a custom order plant, please contact office for lead times.