Emory Knoll Farms guarantees our plants to be healthy upon shipment and to be true to name and variety; but cannot guarantee survival after they leave our care, due to shipping conditions or site conditions that are beyond our control.
- If there is any damage due to delay, extreme heat/cold, or breakage, call the Transportation Agent (i.e. UPS Customer Service – 800-742-5877) immediately to inspect the shipment. In the event of loss, a claim must be filed with the Transportation Agent by the customer.
- All plant material sold by Emory Knoll Farms must be unpacked on the day of arrival. Plants should be placed in an area with abundant sunlight and ventilation.
- Emory Knoll Farms will not be responsible for damage due to mishandling and improper storage.
- We do not ship plants when the shipping schedule would require plants to be on a truck or in a warehouse over a weekend.
- Our plants are not meant to be ready for retail sale and may have been cut back for shipping purposes. If shipped in colder months, some plants may be in their natural dormant state and may have no visible growth above the growing medium. However, every flat of plugs we ship contains healthy, viable plants that are ready for planting.
- Emory Knoll Farms maintains a valid annual nursery inspection certificate from the Maryland Department of Agriculture.